Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sill haven't found 'em...

But I did find these eighteen envelopes of hot iron transfers at Value Village last week, mostly unopened, all uncut, and all dirt cheap.  They're new reprints of old patterns.


I'm a sucker  for dancing flatware...


And I almost bought this set at an antique store at the Sisters quilt show back in July. I was at the cash register with my cash in my hand before I thought to look in the envelope. Good thing I did, because that one had the wrong transfers inside. I wouldn't have been happy to discover that once I got home!


As soon as Hubby gets back to work, I want to go through every last box in the sewing room and find those transfers I've been looking for. I can't even tell you what's in that bag, just that I tore them out of old Workbasket magazines and put them away for safekeeping back when I had no intention of ever using them. Odd are, they'll be duplicates of what's in Mom's stash. Or things I've already found online. But it's making me crazy that I can't find them.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 17 1/2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 48 yards
Net Added for 2014: 30 1/2 yards

Yarn Used this Week:  0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 5075 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 2610 yards
Net Used for 2014: 2465 yards

I'm linking up to Judy at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

I enjoy reading about all the great deals you and your kids find at thrift stores. I never seem to find anything of interest when I go.

Kate said...

Those old transfers are fun. I have a quilt that was made from some blocks I embroidered from one those old transfers.

Suzanne said...

I have a box of transfers. I have used a few, but not nearly all I have plans for future projects.

Beth in MN said...

Those old transfer are intriguing. What fun! Hope you find the ones you are looking for. Even I have a few of those old transfers and I don't even like to hand embroider! LOL
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails